Sunday, September 4, 2011

this is my city





just the rhône- no big deal

the bridge I cross everyday to get to school


no pictures please, I'm obviously in a hurry . . .
. . . to pose on this bridge





Photos of me taken by française Kylie (above wine photo also inspired by this lovely girl's artsy wine photos- check out her blog)


robe- Forever21, chemise- grandmère 1983, écharpe- vintage, sandals- dolcevita, et sac- vintage de maman

Today I'm getting so blogger on your asses, you probably can't deal. This outfit and most of my other french ensembles consist of me throwing layers of clothing onto my body and having absolutely no idea what I look like, because I have no full-length mirror. I know. I don't want to talk about it. Surprisingly, it makes getting dressed in the morning much easier, because even though I know I look ridiculous, I can plead innocent. 

So France and I, namely Lyon, are getting along quite nicely. Going drinking exploring after school each day with amazing new friends is my favorite thing. (Rosé pictured above was coincidentally found while exploring) The language is slowly, and I mean SLOWLY progressing, therefore if I live here for about 127 more years, I might be able to formulate a complete sentence. This week I worked on my nasty sounding throat noise R's, so I can almost say merci without sounding like I am from Texas praying for mercy.

The blogging and the wannabe french ensembles will keep coming your way. 

This week's goal: Inception in french.

3 comments:

  1. How funny. You accidentally wrote drinking on your blog. You meant exploring. Good thing you crossed out drinking. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does it mean when it says "urdad? Who is that? I wish someone would write out a public explaination of that so we all could know. Anyway he sounds funny. And I also saw the accidental crossed out deal but thought you meant to cross out exploring, but just did it wrong so anywho, I've written several of these little responses to your bloggies(that's what we're calling them now)and obvi I suck at this because none showed up! So I think you are looking tres chic and all your homeboys and girls look super cool/hip and/or awesome in fact Paige and I were wondering today how to say home "peoples" in French so get on that. We all love you and miss you and keep em coming! Love YOUUUUUUU! PS Bay Says "NOE Can you hew me???"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah your throaty R's are coming along very nicely, just spit a few more lougies and you're totes there.
    also, props for the artsy wine pic, i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete