Thursday, September 8, 2011

la vie en rose



b&w

I'm a lion in LYON. See how I did that there?


Photos of me taken by française Kylie

La robe rose- Vintage, Audrey Pauline Arthur

I had to get a little Edith Piaf on you because I am in France, after all. This lovely, lovely dress makes me so happy, as you can see from the pictures above. Ma vie en rose! Just an average day, walking across the Rhône to go get a drink some lunch after a long day at school. This ensemble is almost too normal for me, but seems to encompass the old, the new, the American, the French, and The Noe Connaît

Now moving onto a new segment I like to call, The French: They're Just Like US. (As in United States, get it? Eh, eh?) Except, they really aren't and here I will show you some cultural differences regarding gastronomy:



American


 French. So I bought this granola-ish stuff at the supermarché for my yogurt, turns out it is basically Cap'n Crunch. Best purchase of my life.




American. As in the epitome of America.


And the French version of peanut butter- Nutella. Amazing on anything and everything. Except, maybe it might not be so delicious on beets. 

To quote my father, "I WANT PANCAKES!!!"


But this Nutella Crêpe will suffice. The French version of the pancake. To be real, they have pancakes here, but they are meant for dessert and if they are dessert, why wouldn't I have a Nutella Crêpe instead?



Gotcha! There is absolutely no substitute for Pain au Chocolat. Sorry, America.

If I have to stop with my sartorial adventures in the blogging sphere, you'll know the reason was because I couldn't fit into any of my clothes.  

3 comments:

  1. hahahah you crack me up errytime
    and i concede to the fact that nutella will not mesh with beets but i WILL NOT give up on my quest to make delicious harmony between the chocolatey heaven of hazelnut spread and the creamy dreamy green of avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your dress n sunglasses
    http://mwanwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dress! adorable. and fun idea contrasting food from the u.s. and france, though I'd say american food has nothing on french - jealous of your nutella and crepes :)

    <3 Alison
    alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete