Monday, February 6, 2012

i have purple hair

The bleaching process. Evidently, you have to bleach your hair in order to dye it purple. Considering, I have never bleached my hair, I feared it would just fall out. All of it. Is that irrational even though we were only bleaching the tips? I wanted purple hair bad enough to get over it.
Photobucket
Supplies. Okay, so we used a chickpea can and plastic wrap. I'm on a budget.
Photobucket
Team of talented stylists- Kylie Monet and Vick
Photobucket
GOOOAAAAL. Done applying bleach, yet too early to celebrate.
Photobucket
Playing the waiting game and trying to avoid major freak out by listening to Gavin Creel's NOISE.
Photobucket
They should charge for their services, maybe even turn Kylie's apartment into a salon. I can't believe I have such good friends. I would also like to thank ALANNA for all of the above pictures and her general presence/moral support during this whole process.
Photobucket
Results. Now, we can celebrate.
Photos by Kylie Monet
Photobucket
I did the purple myself.
Photobucket
I am in love. I want more.
Photobucket
I find myself just staring at my purple hair during class. Even though I've completely stopped paying attention, I at least learned some new french words- mes pointes violettes.

4 comments:

  1. so...um...i was glad to see you did a little. was b-scared you were doing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOECONNAIT I LOVE IT. it's a little katy perry/gwen stefani and only you could rock purple in your hair like this.
    this is the only hair trend from the 90s that i love.
    another question i think you should address at some point: will the 90s ever make a comeback?
    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOELLE, I WANT THIS TOO.... If you ever come back to the NO, can we do this? Like in the summer... So Teacher Abigail doesn't get into trouble?
    GAHH, its so BA!

    ReplyDelete