Sunday, October 16, 2011

statue of equality

Photobucket

There's a story here. A couple of weeks ago during my daily intake of The Man Repeller, the Blog Lord announced a contest for Club Monaco. Being the poor girl I am, I obviously decided to enter. I was suppose to submit a photo taken by me that I thought was inspiring. I randomly submitted the above photo, which was an assignment from my online photography-joke-of-a-course I took over the summer. I viewed the other submissions then quickly forgot about the contest, as I thought I had submitted the wrong genre. Little did I know, when I happened to stumble upon the "Top 20" announcement on the Club Monaco facebook, my photograph would be in the top right corner. Who knew I was talented? Not me. I've seriously never done anything artistic that someone appreciated, so low and behold I was completely astonished and had a major freak out.

What I am trying to get at here is that I need your support and I need you to vote for me, because obviously I need to win and it is way too much work to take out the competition Drop Dead Gorgeous style via facebook. Instructions:
  1. Click this link: I'm amazing and voting for Noe Connaît so she wins a new camera for this blog
  2. Become bilingual by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of facebook and changing your language to français or English (UK)
  3. Wasn't I right? Bilingual. You can totally read another language. It's definitely not because you have habitually memorized where everything is on facebook. This isn't a step.
  4. Vote for "Statue of Equality" by Noe Connaît in the top right corner by clicking the heart.
  5. Here's the good part- either keep pretending you're bilingual or change your facebook back into your native tongue, because I know that British English was bloody rough on you, ol' chap.
  6. Repeat steps 1-5 everyday until the 26th of October. 
Merci.

Some serious words about the photo: I created these shapes out of construction paper, representing the Statue of Liberty, her torch, and her crown, shortly after the state of New York finally granted all of their citizens equal rights; hence Statue of Equality. 

And to be honest, directly after the trial finished, my lovely old roommate (Anaïs) and I went parading through the streets in search of a celebratory equality snack, so we started replacing every other word with the word equality. Examples: Equality Bagels, Equalitybucks, Equality in the Grass, Equalitybell- you get the equality picture. 

3 comments:

  1. Gee Noelle, you are so baddass!
    I'm voting for you all the time.

    In response to this blog: Steps 3 and 5 received actual laughter.

    In response to the last FEW blogs... PRETTY SURE YOUR SARTORIAL ADVENTURES HAVE BEEN MINIMAL LATELY.

    jussayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby's friend, I got your back like a bad pimple. -Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I'd like to thank your blog for changing my life and making me a better person. No, it's not the fact that you celebrate individuality and uniqueness. And no, it isn't your rapier wit that brings smiles and joy to those who interact with your youthful and inspirational romp through Europe. I can't even give credit to your firm stand on acceptance, equality, or the celebratory theme of friendship that permeates your words and pictures. As nice as all those things are, it is now what moves me about this blog.

    I am forever changed and grateful for the fact that you have brought the creamy goodness of NUTELLA to my life. Thank you for making me a better man. I am moved.

    ReplyDelete